Sweet Cherry & Chipotle Roasted Strip Steak
Sweet Cherry and Chipotle Roasted New York Strip
- 5 pounds Certified Angus Beef ® New York strip roast
- 7 ounces canned sweet dark cherries, drained
- 1 cup frozen red sweet cherries
- 2 tablespoons chipotle peppers in adobo
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 500°F.
- Combine cherries, chipotle peppers and molasses in a blender. Divide sauce; reserving half for glaze and half for a serving sauce.
- Place roast, fat side up, in roasting pan and season with salt and pepper. Place in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 325°F and brush roast with a thin glaze of cherry sauce. Repeat every 15 minutes until the roast reaches desired doneness, approximately one hour. (145°F for medium rare doneness).
- Remove roast from oven and let rest for 20 minutes. Heat remaining sauce in small saucepan. Slice roast across the grain and serve with warmed sauce.
Fat: 13 g
Saturated Fat: 5 g
Cholesterol: 110 mg
Carbohydrate: 10 g
Dietary Fiber: 1 g
Protein: 41 g
Sodium: 119 mg
Iron: 21% of Daily Value